How to get the NIE in Valencia: Step-by-step guide for foreign students

Obtaining the NIE (Foreigner Identification Number)

If you’re a foreign student planning to move to Valencia to take the PCE courses, getting your NIE is crucial. The NIE is not only required for registering with the Valencia city hall, but also for working during your stay, opening a bank account, getting a Spanish phone number, and more. Ensure a smooth experience in Spain by following our guide.


It’s advisable to start the NIE application process before arriving in Valencia, as getting an appointment can take time. If you prefer, we can also help you with the NIE management once you enroll in La Llibreta.

Procedures necessary to obtain the NIE.

  • Make an appointment on the government website. By clicking here, you can make an appointment directly in Valencia.
  • Fill in form EX-15 and send the required documentation. Form EX-15
  • Pay the 790-tax fee for the NIE. Download the form here.
  • Depending on whether you are a student or a worker, you will need to submit additional documents, as proof of enrolment in an educational institution or a work contract. In the notebook, once you are registered in our school, we provide you all the useful information from the moment you sign up.

You will receive an email with the date and time of your appointment.
Once you have your appointment, remember to bring all the appropriate

  • Original DNI or passport.
  • Copy of your ID card or passport.
  • Printed and completed EX-18 or EX-15 form.
  • Proof of payment of the fee.

In addition, if you are a student or European worker, you will need to show this documentation:

  • Proof of enrolment from your study center (At La Llibreta, once you are registered with us)
  • Proof of public or private health insurance (including the European Health
    Insurance Card if it expires after your stay in Valencia).
  • An official statement proving that you have the necessary financial resources to live in the country.

If you are not a member of the European Union (or equivalent), you will need to apply for the TIE (Foreigner Identity Card).

If you need help with the NIE application or any other administrative process during your stay in Spain, visit our administrative procedures page and check our prices. We’re here to make your life easier and ensure that your experience in Spain is as comfortable as possible.

You may also be interested in:

Getting Around Valencia as a Student

Getting Around Valencia as a StudentValencia boasts a comprehensive and efficient public transportation system for getting around the city, which includes everything from the metro and buses to the tram and Valenbisi. Additionally, there's the option of moving around...

read more

Understand and make the most of the weighting tables of Spanish universities. Course 2023-2024

This article provides a detailed guide on the weighting tables of Spanish universities to help you maximize your admission score. It explains concepts like admission score, cutoff score, and how they relate to weighting tables. Additionally, it provides direct and up-to-date links to the weighting tables for the 2023-2024 school year, organized by autonomous communities. Understanding how these tables work will help you efficiently choose the subjects for the entrance exams and maximize your admission score.

read more
¿Necesitas ayuda?
Scan the code
Garantía de
Profesores altamente cualificados y experimentados