What are the PCE?

(Specific Competency Exams)



If you are a foreign student and want to study an University Degree in Spain you are now in the right place. We have been advising and educating students from all over the world with full guarantee. In this site you will find detailed information to be able to start the process by yourself. But, if you prefer, we can manage it for you. 😉


Have a High School Diploma (bachiller) or equivalent in a foreign country.
Certify your foreign High School Diploma. Here you will find how to do it and, if necessary, we can get it done for you.
Choose the University Degree you would like to study and where. Depending on the city and the degree you study, the process can be different because of the standards of the university. We highly recommend to choose Valencia as your destiny and here you can read a few reasons why. If you choose another city, we will guide you anyway throughout the whole process.
Study Spanish, in case your Spanish level is lower than B1. Our school offers specific courses for PCE students.


Prepare the Specific Competency Tests of the UNEDAssis (PCE UNEDAssis). You can study online wherever you are or attend in-site classes. La Llibreta is an expert and collaborator center with the UNEDAssis with excellent results every year. Check courses.
Register for the PCE. Generally, enrolment period is around march/april for the first call and july for the extraordinary call. If you prefer, we can make this enrolment for you since La llibreta is an accredited center of UNED.
Take and pass the exams in the place you have chosen. You can study the PCE either in Spain or anywhere else. We will let you know when the results are published and how to complain/revise your exam if necessary.
Enrolment at the Spanish University of your choice. You can register in more than one. We will be by your side to guide you if you need it.
Enjoy the experience of living and studying in Spain! =)

What are the PCE? (Specific Competency Exams)

The Specific Competency exams (PCE) are exams carried out by UNEDassis for foreign students who want to study in a Spanish University.

UNED subjects offer

  • You have to choose from 4 to 6 subjects from the following list – depending on the University you want to study in. We recommend you to choose four.
  • It is advisable to choose those subjects which weigh 0.2 (See the weighting chart).

Pce courses

We offer face-to-face courses and online courses (in case you can’t come to Spain).

We have a very complete  VIRTUAL CLASSROOM that contains updated theory, explanatory videos, exams with keys and a multitude of typical exercises to practice. In addition, there is a forum for you to be in contact with your teachers and classmates. If you want you can hire private classes via skype.


Why should I contact La llibreta?

We are a Collaborating Center with UNED. Discover the main advantages.
We inform you about the registration process and requirements to access the University in Spain.
We help you choose the subjects according to the degree you want to enroll in.
Do you need a student visa or approve your university degree? In both cases, we will help you get it.
We offer face to face classes for students who live in Valencia. Our virtual classroom acces is included in the price.
Study from anywhere in the world with our online courses and individualized tutoring via Zoom.
If you need to improve your Spanish we offer intensive courses so that the language is not an inconvenience.
Qualified and experienced teachers. We are familiar with the exam and we know how to explain it to you.

Virtual Classroom

The virtual classroom is a website in which you will find all the theory of the course, as well as explanatory videos, previous exams with keys and a variety of resources for you to continue learning from home. It also has a forum for questions so that you can be in contact with your teacher.

We are a Collaborating Center with UNED

We have been successfully preparing students for the PCE for years and since January 2020 we have been a Collaborating Centre with UNED.. We make the necessary arrangements for obtaining accreditations for international students so that they can apply for admission to Spanish universities.

The UNED is committed to La llibreta and therefore the Llibreta with its students to:

  • Provide information on the admission  policies and requirements of undergraduate studies in Spanish universities.
  • Manage and report on administrative procedures.
  • Inform about the results obtained in the PCE exams.
  • To report on any changes in  admission policies and requirements to Spanish universities, as well as the examination models, programmes, contents, examination dates, etc.
  • The  possibility of contacting the teacher staff who prepare and evaluate the tests in a timely manner.
  • Advice in case of complaints or reviews.

In addition:

  • We have been assigned a manager of the UNED responsible for the reception and verification of documentation, as well as the follow-up of our students and attention in any incidents that  may arise.
  • La  Llibreta takes part in a briefing on the most important news at the beginning of the school year as well as in subject-specific meetings.


We are happy to answer any of your questions

Contact us with any questions you may have either by phone, email or by filling out the contact form. If you want, you can even come and visit us.

Find us

Gran Vía Fernando el Católico, 23. 46008. Valencia


Call us

0034 96 006 99 34 ó 666 875 860

Office hours

From Monday to Thursday from 9:00 AM to 01:00PM and from 4:00 PM to 08:00 PM. Friday only mornings.

Fill in the contact form

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Garantía de
Profesores altamente cualificados y experimentados